Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fighting the January Blues.....

I must confess that I am not a fan of January! I find it is such a dull month following all the fun, food and activity of Christmas and NewYears! Therefore I decided that I was going to embrace January this year by keeping myself busy. I focused on completing some new projects, reorganizing and revamping areas of the store and of course searching for new items to bring in. Here are a few of things that this January has brought to French Vanilla.......

Lovely Vintage Chair Repainted in AS Old White
Small Vintage Table Repainted in AS Old White
Beautiful Vintage Mirror Repaired and Repainted in AS Old White 
Vintage French Girl  With  Pretty Ornate Frame
Handmade Bistro Sign
Handmade Rustic Laundry Sign 
Blue Vintage Canning Jars...so pretty with Spring flowers  
Another Handmade French Inspired Sign 
Revamped the Bedroom area in the store.....
Spring item are starting to arrive like these cute straw hats
New line of vintage style greeting cards

Now that January is over I can look forward to Spring!








2 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sheila your antidote to the January blues/blahs is sensational! I must come into the store this week and see some of these fabulous items.

Abby said...

Looks great! Can't wait to come check it out!

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)