Monday, June 17, 2013

Added Touch......

I recently purchased some French themed stencils as looking for a line of stencils to carry in the store for resale. When they arrived I was eager to try them out! Scouting around in the store I found several items that I knew a stencil would give that "added touch".....

Chalk Board

Lazy Susan

1/2 Moon Table 
Vintage Framed Mirror

Hall Bench 





The key to using a stencil is to make sure you use a good stencil brush and have very little paint on your brush. Using a "pouncing" technique, it is better to build up your paint with several thin coats so as not to have any bleeding of paint under your stencil. Let your paint dry a bit before gently lifting off your stencil. If you do have any bleeding, take a damp cloth to clean around your graphic. If you want a more vintage look then once your graphic has dried to the touch, take some fine sand paper and gently sand over your graphic to create a more worn look!

Have fun and give it a try yourself!




No comments:

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)