Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vintage Music Sheet Paper Wreath


I enjoy doing crafts....making things all year round, but the time I most enjoying is the holiday season. There are so many wonderful things out there just waiting to be made!  I always try to find one major craft project to work on. This year I decided to make a vintage music sheet wreath. I have seen these in magazines and on-line so decided to try my hand at making one for this years project. I already had the vintage music sheet paper so didn't have to go hunting for any. It takes a bit of time rolling the paper into the required cone shapes.....securing the paper cone with a glue gun. I then placed them in a circle pattern and securing them with the glue gun until you have the desired wreath shape. 


I decided to add a vintage santa image as the center piece....gave it a little glitter and used a bit of crepe paper as a border around the image. I then glued the image to a larger circle made from the vintage music sheet paper and added this to the center of my wreath.


Making a paper wreath is a little time consuming, but not difficult. I will certainly make more as I'm happy with the way this one turned out. 




2 comments:

Lorrie Orr said...

It's lovely. I've been wanting to make one for a couple of years. Yours turned out so very well.

French Vanilla Home and Garden said...

Thanks Lorrie!

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)