Saturday, March 24, 2012

Joyeuses Paques......

Easter is earlier this year.........Easter Sunday is on April 8th! For most people, young and old alike, Easter is one of the most meaningful holidays celebrated, and as such, we give the holiday a lot of attention and preparation. Not only do we plan family events and get togethers, but we also decorate and shop for special gifts and treats. This is especially important for anyone that has children in their lives. Let's face it, most adults agree that the joy and delight experienced by kids on Easter is what puts fun in the holiday. The truth is that most of us have wonderful memories of childhood Easters. These are cherished memories that usually center around The Easter Bunny and the fun things related to him. As parents, we want our children to enjoy life in every way possible. Therefore, it just makes sense that we would want to continue and share well-loved traditions. While the holiday has a very religious basis it also symbolizes new beginnings and hope. And of course, this aspect of Easter is important, but for kids everywhere it is The Easter Bunny that makes the holiday special. Even though every family is unique and thus, will observe some traditions that are distinctively their own, there are still some holiday basics that are somewhat universal.These favorite traditions will be passed on through the generations and The Easter Bunny will continue to live in our hearts forever!


Below is a sampling of some of the fun and whimsical Easter items that are available this year......







 











Wishing you and your family a very Joyeuses Paques!



No comments:

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)