Thursday, November 3, 2011

Road Trip....

This past weekend my sister and I attended the first "Island Retreat Antiques and Vintage Martket" in Anacortes, Washington. This market was hosted by the very talented duo Deb and Bob Kennedy of Retreat Design. Check out their blog at: http://retreatdesign.blogspot.com/ .  Both my sister and I really enjoyed this show and even managed to bring back a few goodies ......for myself and for the store. One of my treasures purchased at the show is this vintage inspired Santos from "Alley Cats Antiques". I knew she had to come back to Victoria with me!

Anacortes is a lovely quaint town. We also enjoyed checking out a number of antique shops just down the street from where the show was held.  



If I could have gotten this baby in my car it would have come home with me as well!

Cute little boat moared at the local marina

Fun oversized drain spout  


All in all had a great time and will definately be attending this show again next year! Here are the dates for the shows to be held next year so make sure you mark them on your calendar!





No comments:

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)