Monday, November 28, 2011

D.I.Y. Burlap Wreaths

I am drawm to anything made out of Burlap. I love the rustic look it provides especially when paired with other textured material such as linen, lace and unbleached cotton. I recently saw a burlap wreath in a Christmas Decorating Magazine, where they took Burlap Ribbon and looped and tied it to a wire form to create a wreath. I loved the idea but not having any burlap ribbon on hand I decided to make one of my own using a piece of tighter weave Burlap material. I cut strips of the fabric approximately 15 inches long at two different widths (large and small). I then made each stip into a loose ruffle. Once I had all my stripes loosely ruffled I started by glueing the wider strips using a glue gun to my form (which was a used wood embroidery hoop). Once covered I then added a second row on top with the smaller width ruffled strip to create depth and fullness. I finished it off with three flowers made from burlap and a burlap bow at the top. In the picture you can see a crown ornament hung in the centre but this is optional.

If you want to try making one for yourself below are a few more variations of Burlap Wreaths I found on the internet that provide step by step easy to follow instructions.










Have fun making your own! 

No comments:

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)