Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"The Farm Chicks" Show- June 4th and 5th

The Farm Chicks
Who are the Farm Chicks you ask? Well the "Farm Chicks" was founded by Serena http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/ with her best friend, who has since retired from the business. Each year, the first weekend in June the "Farm Chicks Antiques Show" is held. What began as a little sale in a friend's barn in 2002, became The Farm Chicks Antiques Show with antiques, vintage objects, handmade goods, and wonderful vendors. The show, held annually in Spokane, Washington, is host to approximately 200 vendors and draws visitors from across the country.To learn more about the Farm Chicks show go to http://www.thefarmchicks.com/show.html

I went for the first time a couple of years ago and am so excited to be attending the show again this year with my sister Corinne and dear friend Eva. If you haven't been before you should give it a try, it is well worth the trip and loads of fun! 
 


 
 




I brought back this lovely handmade bench from "Retreat" the last time I went. It sold very quickly!

4 comments:

Deb Kennedy said...

Sheila, we remember when you discovered that sweet little bench in our booth! {She was sitting in front of our collaged Piano Bar! ;0)} We are so happy that we'll be seeing you again this year at the show - safe travels to you, and we'll see you there!

Deb@Retreat
www.RetreatStyle.com

Hartbeespoort Accommodation said...

The bench was designed creatively that is why it was being sold immediately.

French Vanilla said...

Hi Deb, yes, I couldn't resist bringing that darling little bench back to Canada with me. It was hard to let it go! Looking forward to visiting your wonderful booth again at the show! See you soon!

Sheila

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Hi Sheila! Loved your recap of FC from a couple years ago, I hope you got a chance to stop by our booth this year. I love seeing photos of things we once had, but now are in homes of our friends and customers. See you next year.

XO Glad & Celia

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)