Monday, October 25, 2010

Are you crafty?

If you love doing crafts as much as I do, then you might want to try your hand at making these cute cloth Halloween Pumpkins:


These are so fun, easy and inexpensive to make. However I can't take credit for the idea as it is an original design from Deb Kennedy of "Retreat Lifestyle Decor". Deb is obviously a very talented and creative person. She calls them her "Sweet Sweater Pumpkins". Check out her step by step instructions on her blog  at http://hummadeedledee.blogspot.com/2008/09/pumpkin-inspiration-tutorial.html.

Using an old orange sweater from the Thrift Store, I followed Deb's instructions for making the pumpkins, then added my own personal touches. I used natural twine, curly stems from a "grape vine" and moss to give them a more rustic primitive look. I finished off by tying on a cute "Halloween Baby Witches" tag to the larger pumpkin.   




Hope you have fun making these and Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

Retreat said...

Sheila, yours turned out so cute! Great job on them - LOVE the little witchy photo tags! And thank you so kindly for your credit and link to my original post... you are a class act!

Deb @ Retreat

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

These are charming!
I am not so crafty...
I'd buy one made by a crafter though!

Jeanie said...

Love those Pumpkins !

Tamara Jansen said...

Those turned out AMAZING! Almost makes me want to try.....but maybe I'll wait till tomorrow :)

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)