Sunday, June 20, 2010

Missing the "Farm Chicks".......

Well I have to say that I got a little envious reading about the recent "Farm Chicks Show" held in Spokane Washington the first weekend in June. I attended last year, but the timing wasn't right to attend this year, so I had to content myself with reading about it on other blogs. Check it out here: http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/.  Last year I attended along with my sister and a friend for the first time and I have to say we had a blast! It was definately an experience. I love "junking" and was amazed at all of the neat and wonderful items for sale not to mention how over the top and creative the vendor booths were in which they sold their products.  You can read all about it on my post here  http://frenchvanillahome.blogspot.com/2009/07/farm-chicks-or-bust.html

However this year, I am planning on attending the "The Barn House Flea Market" show to be held at the end of July on their farm near Battle Ground, Washington. A lot of the same vendors that were at the Farm Chicks show will also be at this show so I am excited. I have never been to a "Barn Boys" show although they were at the Farm Chicks last year and I loved their booth. I even purchased a few items from them to bring back with me. If you would like more information on this show visit their blog at http://www.barnhousebh.com/

5 comments:

Deb Kennedy said...

Oh Sheila, you will LOVE the BarnHouse Boys Flea Market! It's an amazing experience - very different from the Farm Chicks. We are so blessed to be able to participate with Retreat in BOTH of these wonderful Northwest shows. And how nice to know we WILL get to see you this year! ;0)

Deb @ Retreat

French Vanilla said...

Great Deb, I was hoping you and your hubby were doing the Barn Boys Show this year. Looking forward to seeing you at their show, you always have such great stuff. I saw a picture of your tent at last year's show, curious to see what you come up with for this year as you both are so creative!

Sheila

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I hope that you will buy some things for the shop...I will come in! Let me know asap....love junking too!
I have been on a paint it black rampage...all the wicker, and anything else...French!

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

So happy we found your adorable blog! We have been apart of Farm Chicks for several years, and last year we were so happy to participate at BH. This year we have several local shows and a wedding to plan, staying a little closer to home. Enjoy your visit to BH. Glad & Celia/Junebug Design

French Vanilla said...

Hi Glad and Celia, thanks for posting. I remember you and your booth from last year's visit to The Farm Chicks. Loved your stuff!! I even purchased a few items to bring home. Sorry to hear you are not participating in the BH show this year. Maybe next year...
Sheila

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)