Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympic Fever...Canadian Style

I must say that I am a little sad that the games have come to an end. I really enjoyed watching the various events, more so with these games then I have ever watched before. In the final event on Sunday we witnessed a nail biting hockey game for the Gold between Canada and the US. I couldn't believe it when the US scored a goal with less than 30 seconds on the clock until the end of the third period to tie the game at 2-2. But as we have seen at these Winter games anything is possible! Canada went on to win the gold during sudden death overtime 3-2. I wish I had been in downtown Vancouver at that moment, it must have been electrifying!
John Furlong, CEO of Vancouver 2010 said, "I believe we Canadians tonight are stronger, more united, more in love with our country, and more connected with each other than ever before. These Olympic Games have lifted us up. That quiet, humble national pride we were sometimes reluctant to acknowledge seemed to take to the streets as the most beautiful kind of patriotism broke out all across our country". By winning the final event of the Vancouver Olympics, Canada earned its 14th gold medal — the most by any country at any Winter Olympics. I am one proud Canadian! Go...ld Canada Go...ld!

1 comment:

Relics said...

Yeaaaaa Canada!

Even though I live in the USA, I'm really glad that Canada won the Gold!

Good Job Canada!

:)
Deb

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)