Saturday, July 11, 2009

Small World.....

I have always thought it's a pretty small world, especially when you start talking or networking with people and find that one connection; friends, family or other things you may have in common. Well that became even more apparent to me this week. Last week I had a customer in my store who purchased a couple of pillows. Her name is Tamara Jensen and she was only visiting Victoria for the day (she and her husband live on the mainland). She asked me if I could send her cushions via Greyhound to her home so she didn't have to carry them around all day. I said sure, I'd be happy to do that for you! She also asked me if she could take a few pictures of my store for her "blog". I said sure and advised her that I had a blog as well. Well she recently sent me an email (she also posted on my blog) that she received the cushions and that she had posted on her blog about her visit to Victoria along with a few pictures of my store. Check out her blog at http://thegreenhousediaries.blogspot.com/ . As I was reading her blog post I noticed a comment was left on this post by Debi Ward Kennedy http://retreatdesign.blogspot.com/ that one of the pictures she had posted of my store showed a bench that her husband had made from two old hitchcock chairs and that I .....get this.... had purchased this bench when I visited their booth at the Farm Chicks show! Here's the picture of the bench I purchased from Debi and her husband Bob (such a cute bench) :

You never know how, when or if paths will cross again of people we meet as we go about our daily lives, but when it does it always amazes me. Is this a small world or what!

2 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

I couldn't BELIEVE it when I got that comment on my blog!! What a small world.

Did you manage to get out to this year's Barn thingy? I want to make sure to go next year because it just looks soooo cool!

Hope all is well in Victoria:)

Tonia Hobbs said...

That is a very neat story! Your store looks very nice! I live in AR or I would stop in and do some shopping!

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)