Monday, July 6, 2009

The "Farm Chicks" or bust.....

Well June has come and gone. It was a very busy month for me. My sister came for a visit so along with my friend Eva, we decided to take a road trip to the "Farm Chicks Show" held each year in Spokane Washington.
My sister and friend Eva
If you haven't heard of the Farm Chicks http://www.thefarmchicks.com/ they are two ladies who share a passion for junking, baking, and creating fun projects. Together they founded The Farm Chicks Show, created Farm Chick Style™ and are Contributing Editors for Country Living Magazine.
The Farm Chicks -Serena and Terri
The show was great! They had over 100 venders all showing off their wares with amazing displays. Here are some of my favorites:
(thanks to Laura Youngren at http://allaboutpretty.typepad.com/ for letting me use some of her pictures)

To my surprise I even came across Teresa Sheeley's lovely booth. I have been selling Teresa's lovely hand-made Flour Sack Tea Towels and Cushion Covers in the store for a while now. Below is one of her new designs, which I have on order. Can't wait for these to arrive....so cute!

All in all it was a great day and lots of fun! We even managed to purchase a few items (actually my SUV was packed to the hills). Would have loved to bring back more furniture if I had a U-haul or trailer, hmmm........maybe next year.

2 comments:

thefarmchicks said...

Well, aren't you just the sweetest? We're so glad you visited our show and really look forward to seeing you again next year!
xoxo,
Serena

Tamara Jansen said...

This just looks like soooo much fun! I will have to try visit there myself next year.

Thanks so much for sending my pillows. They look just great in the living room. Check out my blog about our short visit to your store.

http://thegreenhousediaries.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-mix-romance-and-business.html

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)