Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family Traditions

I have wonderful memories from past Easter's when I was growing up. I remember getting a multi-colored straw Easter Basket filled with all kinds of goodies. We also had an Easter Egg hunt inside the house early Easter Sunday morning which was always fun and a bit of a competition between my sister and I as to who could find the most eggs (which were actually jelly beans). And coloring our hard boiled eggs was a must before eating them for breakfast. When I had children of my own I carried on the same Easter traditions with them and I'm sure they will carry on some of the same traditions with their children. I think that's why I love all of the vintage inspired Easter decorations especially those from Artists such as Bethany Lowe, Dee Foust and Teena Flanner as they remind me of Easter's past when I was a child. I have been bringing in these whimsical vintage inspired Easter decorations since opening the store and now have quite a number of customers who have also become a fan of nostalgic holiday memorabilia.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)