Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bonne Année (Happy New Year) ......

Well 2008 has come to an end and a new year has begun. Thanks so much to all of my loyal customers who helped make this past year such a great success! I look forward to your continued patronage in 2009. As with any new year we can expect changes and new challenges. I personally like changes, it keeps things interesting. So to start the year off I have decided to make some minor changes to my store. In mid January I will be closing the store for approx. one week to renovate. I will be changing the wall paint color as well as reorganizing the store lay-out and display areas. I'm excited about this new look which will be more elegant French Chateau Chic than French Country Provencal.
(My inspiration picture)
The look will be softer with more muted neutral tones such as cream, beige, grey and black with punches of seasonal color here and there. I have always loved this look and therefore look forward to the transformation......hope my customers do to!! When I'm done I'll post some pictures, so stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Real Diva Designs said...

I love your store and can't wait to see with what else you will come up with. I didn't think it could get any better. It must be the time of year..I too have been painting and wanting to freshen things up. Heres to a new year and a new coat of paint.

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Hello! We were on Debbie's website and were checking out other stores on her blogroll & saw your blog & thought we'd stop by! Beautiful things you have! -love your blog template too!! That is one thing we need to get busy on- oh well....you know how that is!
Best wishes to you for 2009!
Karla & Karrie

mimi said...

Looking forward to seeing your changes. Chateau Chic sounds really inspiring!

Hello Bonjour....

Well this is my first attempt at blogging! It's been quite a year and a half for me. I retired from the Federal Government after 34 years and in October 2006, I started a new retail store called "French Vanilla Home and Garden". In July 2007 I launched my store's e-commerce website and now this....blogging! Who would have thought! Has it been challenging?....a bit, stressful?.... some days, rewarding?....most definitely! I love owning my own retail store, filling it with things I love and helping my customers find that perfect item or gift! I am enjoying this new phase of my life and look forward to learning new things, having new adventures and making new friends along the way!

Sheila
(established July/2008)